The Provident Fund provides benefits for its members and their dependants, as outlined in the Provident Fund Collective Agreement. The Fund consists of:
- Contributions of both employer and member paid into the Fund.
- Returns derived from the investment of any moneys of the Fund.
- Any moneys credited to individual members.
- Interest received.
- Death, disability and funeral.
- The insurance side which includes death, disability and funeral benefit is administered through NMG.
- The retirement benefits area is administered by SALT Administrators.
All documentation must be forwarded to your regional funds administration office for allocation.
To simplify this process we urge employers to register and submit their monthly returns on the e-Business system to www.nbcrfionline.co.za.
In order to place a claim in any of the two areas, contact the relevant NBCRFLI Regional Office and place a request with the Provident Fund Claims Section.
Industry Provident Fund Shared Services
In 2011, the NBCRFLI acquired approval from the Financial Services Board (FSB) to administer the industry provident fund. The Section 13B Licence allows the Council to play a more active role in provident fund management for the industry by allowing it more control over the collection and enforcement process. The Provident Fund Board of Trustees and the Council took resolutions to formalise a shared service model in order to harness the best management abilities from both the Council and the current administrators.
The responsibilities are allocated as follows:
- Member movement and certification.
- Financial reporting.
- Accounting function.
- Benefits statements.
- Monthly reporting as per the Board of Trustees requirements as determined from time to time.
- Withdrawals and retirements pay out.
- Provision of a retirement scheme administration system.
- Section 14 Transfers (in and out).
- Collection of provident fund premiums.
- Enforcing non-compliance.
- Member contact management in all regions and branches.
- Front office administration.
Should you require any information on the Provident Fund, please call the Provident Fund
Call Centre number on 0861 735 473.
For downloadable Provident Fund forms, click here.